Monday, July 10, 2006

My Dear Abe...


ABRAHAM ALIPDA
1963 - 2006

Last night, my friend and co-worker went to his reward and to the Lord whom he loved with all of his heart.

He wanted to say goodbye to me before he said goodbye to this world.

We held hands most of the day ... and when I left, so did Abe. My destination was Manila; his was somehwere far better. No more pain Abe. No more suffering. No more cancer. No more tears.

As I write, tears trip on to my keyboard. My heart is really broken. For a loving wife. For two little boys with no 'papa'. For students with no shepherd. For Sefton Village with no father. For a missionary with a missing best friend.

One day we will understand, but on that day it will matter not if we understand the explaination. For we will all be in the presence of the One we love forever.

My last words to Abe were, "Abe, I have to go now. I cannot tell what will happen in the next 6 months. I do not know what will happen to me, or you. All I know is that I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN. I pray it will be here in the Philippines. But if not, let's wait for each other in heaven." In his pain, he lifed his head and winked at me. He tried to smile and lifted his thumb.

The Lord has taken Abe first. His life is a trophy of grace. His example is a blessing. His walk with God was beautiful.

Let me learn from Abe. Let my life be a preparation for heaven.


Are you ready?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a gain for Pastor Abe, he is with the Lord now...We'll I am just inspired with the life of Pastor Abe, hearing his stories during his Pastoring times, was so encouraging and inspiring from the time that he met the Lord from Binalonan Bible school and his preachings....

How are you pastor Mark have you read my email....

Bro Mel
Smart Communications

Anonymous said...

I am thousands of miles away and my heart is in Sefton I loved Pastor Abe he was my friend my companion. We travelled together on the journey for 7 months. We climbed mountains, we prayed together we preached together we talked together. He called me father and I called him friend. my heart is only consoled because of all men we are not miserable because we have hope beyond this life.

Pastor Steve

Anonymous said...

kumusta kuya mark,Oh im very glad and really thanking the Lord for guiding you and your family going back home.This is my email address:phkc_7@yahoo.com.Were missing you kuya mark with your family.Take Care always.We keep praying for you.God Bless..

jun
CCS staff

Paul's Adventure said...

it's been a long year dad since you passed away and with God now. you are one of the reason why i am still holding on in my faith right now. i miss you soo much dad. you are one of the best :-)

-angel paul :-)

stesyveau said...

replica bags australia YOURURL.com m3y60r1q67 replica bags high quality 9a replica bags you could try this out r1x28s4m72 replica bags nancy original site e2q98q1r29 replica louis vuitton bag 7a replica bags philippines

Anonymous said...

try this website replica wallets Read Full Report Dolabuy Goyard view it now https://www.dolabuy.ru/