Saturday, November 03, 2007

Where Have the Days Gone?

My goodness. Here we are again. Same old same old! Things have been ultra busy in the last few weeks with the visit of my family and now we have our World Ministries Director Dave Russon here with his wife Madeleine. We are having a great time with them ... and Lydia has really taken a shine to them - continually knocking on their door to see if they want to do something! Sweet.

Anyway, here are a few pictures and then a funny story. Hopefully, we will be having a 'normal' week next week ... although I have long since given up hope of even a normal day coming our way! In fact, an incident happened last week that really rocked us and was a horrible situation to go through. The timing of us going to Manila and then the Russons coming has been perfect. His grace IS sufficient....

Here is why our internet is a bit impossible ...

...makes BT and Scottish Power look good!

Last Sunday, we went to Victory Christian Centre in Manila and on the way out of the service I could not believe my eyes. This Filipino guy was walking out of Church with a Glasgow Celtic top on! I couldn't believe it ...

I stopped him in his tracks and asked him if he was a Celtic supporter. "Of course", was his answer. He had spent some time in
Japan and was a big fan of a player called Nakamura - who plays for Celtic. Crazy world eh?

Mind you, best one ever was when I met a guy in Ghana with a
Partick Thistle top (now that's something because I cannot recollect me even seeing anyone in Scotland wearing a Partick Thistle top!) Beat that!

Last up, a true story. Last week, when we were in a restaurant in Manila, wee Josiah started acting like a helicopter. His feet and hands were flapping around. After a few minutes he shouted, "I really need the toilet!". He was in his pram so I started off on our journey through the packed m
all. When Josiah says that he needs the toilet, lets just say that he is at the point of no return.

So I walked
fastly (or ran slowly!) all the way to the toilets. I rushed in, praying for a free cubicle. Wow, the last one was free! "Scuse me, scuse me, emergency!" I shouted as I traversed the packed toilets. I grabbed Josiah, threw him on the toilet and ... well, we JUST made it!

I was so hot as it had been a manic few minutes in the heat.
Well, as I stood there like a proud father who had saved the day, Josiah singing songs as nature worked away, I heard a knock on the cubical door. And then again. Strange. Never had this before. I heard a little voice speaking, "Sir, you are in the ladies toilets!"

Aaaaggghh! I'm in the wrong toilets! I was so busy trying to get my boy to the bowl in time that I never took time to check out of I was in the right place! I got Josiah organised (took around 15 minutes!) and then I plucked up courage. "Coming out now", I shouted. Josiah was singing away as Daddy crept through the gathered throng of ladies at the mirror. I half closed my eyes and kept walking!

But I laughed all the way back to the restaurant.


What have I learned from this embarrassing experience? Well, at the end of the day, its better to be in the wrong place at the right time doing the right thing rather than being at the right place at the wrong time cleaning up an smelly mess!

Selah
...
Goodnight. Good to be back after another internet wilderness experience. Pray for our wire to be strong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! trust u to do that!!

Hope next week won't be too busy - but I know - it's sefton village!!

Miss u all loadz!

Love Auntie Vivix