Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cold Weather ... Cool Blog?

Ittt''ssss freeeeezzzziiinnn here! Yup, the temperature has dipped down to 23.5 degrees! No air-con, no fans and blankets in bed! Bbbbrrrrrrrr .... we missionaries have to really suffer in these cold conditions!

Seriously, the weather has changed. It's so funny in the Philippines. In April, it is cool one day and you wake up the next and it is roasting! The Filipinos say, "Summers here!" And it is! The Lord just seems to say to the weather angel, "Flick the switch" ... and the weather changes. Same in November. It's hot and then - boom - it's cold. Amazing! In Scotland, I think the Lord has an apprentice angel flicking the switch ... and he doesn't seem to know what he is doing!!!!

Hope you like the new style blog. I am determined to keep consistent in my blogging. But I really would love more people to find out what's going on! I think in 2007 we had over 100 people per day checking out the blog, but now, because of my inconsistency, it has dropped way down. I am believing that by Christmas we can get it up to 100 a day ... and build from there.

Can you help me? Why don't you email everyone who knows about Sefton, or who you would like to introduce to Sefton - or even people from your family, friend or folk from church - and ask them to check out our new blog.
On the new blog there are a few things that might interest you:

* Blogs that I read

* You can check out the latest Christian music and listen before you buy

* You can search God Tube - a great site for Christian videos

* Check out some devotional stuff from Chuck Swindoll

* Search Christianity.com - a great site for anything about Church, Christianity & Leadership

* You can look up YouTube videos

* You can see the latest news/travel advice from the Philippines

* Read the latest stuff from Time Magazine

* Get a Hagar cartoon every day - one of my favourites (not Mary's!!!!!)

* Check the date and time (in case you are half asleep!)

So please enjoy and I will try and keep things rolling along. Today, a team of 13 arrive from Singapore for a missions trip ... so there is plenty to blog about! PLEASE leave a comment or sign our guestbook (right) and if there is anything you think would be a great idea or addition for me to include in the blog ... let me know. Or if you have been to Sefton and would like to write something that I can put into the blog .. I would be delighted.

Well, I am going back to my hot cup of tea under my warm blanket ...


Chill....

No comments: