Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Unforced Rhythms of Grace

Hi there ... yup, I'm still alive and well up here in the Beautiful town of Fraserburgh. We arrive down from Wick last week and have been here trying to get lots of things sorted out ... especially BROADBAND! My goodness. It is twice as easy to get DSL in the Philippines than here in the good old UK. My dad gave me a Tesco Dial-Up CD to keep me going but 95.8% of the time I cannot connect. AAAAAaaaggh. Get me back to the hi-tech world of the Philippines (joke!)

Anyway, can't complain. I am more than blessed! We have settled into our wee house in Shore Street and have seen many old friends in the last week. So good to catch up. Spent a morning with my buddy Ben - actually he has the same name as me but obviously he comes a long way short in the looks department! He's the kinda friend that I have absolutely no contact with for 3 years, but when we meet up it's as if we had never been apart. Special friends who will be forever friends. And tommorrow is my wee boy's 2nd birthday! Wehey!

Met Mary's brother Bruce and his wife Alison again. Salt of the earth folk who you can depend upon and who care so much. Uncle Bruce came all the way to the Broch to give Josiah a wee prezzy for his birthday. That's what you call the extra 42 miles! Spent good time with Michael and Alison Tait last Friday night. They treated us to one of the best meals I have ever tasted - Prawn Cocktail (massive ... but I did tell the guy that I hadn't tasted one for 3 years 'coz I've been in the Philippines etc. etc.) followed by a steak with creamy Haggis sauce (Yup) and ending with sicky toffee pudding. All with my favourite drink - Blackcurrant lemonade with a dash of lime. Good that my diet started on Monday eh?

On Saturday we were meant to go down to the Edinburgh area for the weekend. But, to be honest, we really struggled last week. It's as if we completely ran out of steam. We were mentally, spiritually and physically exhausted. It just hot us like a tidal wave. We were meant to go down south on Friday, but we have been having trouble with our car so we got it serviced and new brakes etc. On Friday night, for the 1st time ever we locked ourselves out of our house! We all had to stay in grannies house. Lydia thought that this was the coolest thing ... ever ... and she kept thanking her mummy & daddy for the great idea. If only she knew!

It was if the Lord was saying, "Wait, slow down, Stop. Take time for yourselves. Take time to settle. Let your children rest and adjust. Don't run around meeting lots of people and tell them "We're fine" when you are not. Relax. Enjoy family. Wait. Strengthen."

We had some engagements and things set up down south, but people understood and graciously released us. Over the weekend and over the last few days it has just felt 'right' to be here. The kids have adjusted again to their house, they have spent the whole weekend with their grandparents - with some extra special visits from Uncle Bruce - and we feel stronger. Norman, our agent really encouraged us and so did Keith and Anne Pointon. They are all a blessing to us.

I must admit, I was beginning to get a bit anxious about things - very unlike me. I was anxious because of the fact that I had to organise all the literature for the itinerary - brochures, pens, DVD, CD's, Prayer cards etc. - and I haven't even started. Oh for a graphic designer to help me! I was anxious about what has been happening at Sefton. I am still upset about what happened to Abe. A little bit anxious about my overheating car! Also, I was really longing for my family to be settled in one place for a wee while. These are all pressures that add up to worry.

But Keith prayed something over me in one of his calls. He said, "Lord, let Mark live in the UNFORCED RHYTHMS OF GRACE." Beautiful. God has a place where we can allow His grace to strengthen us and give us peace. of a place of strife, but a place of rest. It really blessed me.

So whoever you are and whatever you are doing - allow yourself to dwell in this place. A place where you can meet with God and He can meet with you. A place where you can be real and honest. A place where you can lift your hands and say, " It's tough ... but I can make it." A place where we can exchange our weakness for his strength. God hasn't designed you to fight 24 hrs without rest. Every soldier needs to rest, strengthen and wait for new commands. This is not wasted time, but essential for victory.

Don't strive ... live in the "Unforced Rhythms of Grace."

Thanks Keith.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

hi ptr. Mark! we realy miss you so much! our team, music ministry! youth ministry and the church! we really miss u! Just keep up the good work ptr. Mark! we're all just here to help you!

"I have told you these
things, so that in me you
have peace. In this world
you will have trouble. But
take heart! I have overcome
overcome the world."
John 16:33



Love,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, just checking up on you from incredibly hot Malta. (You guys know how well I cope with heat! Not!) What was I thinking all those chilly months ago?? anyway just blogging to say a huge happy birthday to Josiah!!!! It's great you decided to take some time apart.... Praying that you will get a chance to "regroup" with your thoughts, feelings and your heavenly Pa.
much love...

Anonymous said...

Heya Uncle Mark

Great to read your blog again. Glad to hear you've taken some time to rest especially after the hectic last weeks u had in the Philippines. Hope Josiah had a good birthday. Hope to see you all soon!

Love Aunty Vivvy xxx

Anonymous said...

Here’s a Broadband Video that will show you how to check availability by postcode, how perform a broadband speed test and where to find broadband forums to answer your questions. There are also offers for SKY Broadband.
http://memoriasdopresente.blogspot.com/2004/06/nascer-em-2004-e-nascer-na.html
Here is a broadband beginners guide and below are common broad band questions;
>What is Broadband?
>Types of Connections?
>Connection speeds and download limits
>How to compare ISP’s

jasonbob said...

moncler outlet
kobe shoes
lebron 16
supreme
steph curry shoes
ggdb
hermes belt
supreme hoodie
balenciaga speed trainer
russell westbrook shoes