Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still in Bonny Scotland ...



Still here ... only just! We have booked our flights 'home' for Monday (30th March) from Aberdeen. So we will have been home for around 6 weeks altogether.

We are sure that we made the right decision and we have been able to spend a lot of time with David & Wilma up in Wick.
David had his 3rd chemo last Friday in Inverness and is learning to rest and not push himself too hard between treatments (not easy for us men!) The great news is that he gets his next one in Wick - so no 9 hour round trip by train. This has given him a real boost. But I think the greatest boost is to see Lydia & Josiah with him for a while ... they have been really good children. We were able to celebrate David's 66th Birthday last week (below).


It is always sad to say goodbye but our plan is to come home for itinerary next March, so it won't be long until everyone sees us again! Don't know if this is good or bad!!! We have been able to see almost all of our friends in the last few weeks, even our lovely friends down in the Central Belt.

Also been able to do quite a bit of ministry over here in many churches. I felt that the message God gave me was to 'look up and see the harvest'. I am preaching at New Hope, Peterhead on Sunday morning and I feel it will be a significant day. Pastor Neil Cameron and his team are doing great and I went there last Sunday night ... place was packed. On Sunday night we will be at Fraserburgh Elim but I will pop up to AoG to say goodbye to all our friends there.


I leave you with a new link from one of our churches in the Philippines. It is San Isidro and they have started a new blog. I apologise on behalf of all the other blogs, I don't know what has happened to the Pastors over there! When I get back i will try and inspire them to blog. I think the internet connection has been off for nearly a fortnight, to be fair.

But check this blog by Pastor Alex Ritua regarding San Isidro - it's encouraging! http://www.ccsi-online.blogspot.com

Don't worry ... we are still experiencing Filipino life over here! I can park my car down the harbour and within 5 minutes of saying 'Kumusta' to a Filipino fisherman (there are around 300 here!) there will be a crowd of Filipinos everywhere! Even in Wick, we bumped into a few in Tescos ... and took them out for a coffee (below)


Be blessed. Will blog soon ...

No comments: