Sunday, March 25, 2007

Our Faithful Father (part 2)

Well, it's Sunday night and what a day ... well, week actually ... it's been! A bit crazy perhaps. We arrived back from Singapore on Monday afternoon, travelled up north (7 hours) and arrived here in the evening. Next morning we had the KMGLC Recognition Service for all Nursery & Kinder 1 kids followed by the Graduation Ceremony of our Kinder 2 kids. It gets even better ...

... On the same evening (Tuesday) the Annual AoG District Convention started. This was a busy time as it was the Elections for all the leadership positions. So everyone and their holy dogs turn up! Pastors you haven't seen since the last election (2003) appear from nowhere. Unbelievable. We had the elections et al and everyone left on Friday morning. Today, we had our Tagalog Service, English Service followed by our 1st Anniversary Celebration of our church in Nagassican. We left for church joyfully at 7:45am and we collapsed in the door at 6pm! Not bad for a 'day of rest'! Actually, we were all very happy because we have had a great day. Seven people gave their hearts to the Lord today ... and that alone is worth a celebration in anyone's books!

I will blog about most of these events as the week unfolds .. I'm just kinda making excuses for not blogging as much last week. Am I forgiven???

Anyway, tonight I just want to continue my thoughts on God's faithfulness. On March 7th (my goodness, that long ago?!) I wrote part one of my thoughts:

1. 90% OF WHAT GOD DOES FOR US GOES UNNOTICED AND UNSTATED
2. GOD'S PROMISES ARE GREATER THAN MY CAPACITY TO REMEMBER THEM

Here are some more thoughts:

3. GOD ALWAYS PAYS FOR WHAT HE ORDERS
When I go to a restaurant, the people give me food and drink on the presumption that I can pay for what I have ordered. They don't ask when we arrive, "Sir, do you have the right method of payment to pay the bill?" No. They presume that the very fact that I will choose to go there - knowing the cost of my meal - is evidence that I can and will pay the bill.

God always pays His bills. Whatever He orders, he covers it. No questions. The ways in which He pays His bills are as numerous as the projects He undertakes. Incredibly brilliant ways of making sure that what His kingdom is established on earth, as it is in heaven.

Now, at Bible School I knew that in my head. I could have eloquently quoted every verse pertaining to God's faithfulness.But now ... I KNOW it. Truth is given in two ways. Either God sovereignly reveals it through the ministry of His Holy Spirit or He takes us through an experience so that we not only know in our head, but experience that truth with our lives.


And it starts small. Faith starts like a stream and ends up like a river. Step by step. I remember that God gave me the vision of the Fire Centre. I knew that God had spoken and sorta felt that He would provide the money for it to be built. We had no money at that time because of the illness of Pepito, but we got the plans drawn up by faith. The FC would be built in 3 stages ... the 1st, and most expensive stage, was going to be 3.5 million Pesos. After a few months of praying and trying hard, we had raised around 2.5 million. But I felt God was saying "Start. Don't wait. Trust me.". So we had a 'Groundbreaking' service .. all the local Pastors and District officials arrived and we had a great service. The pastors began to dig the foundations.

At this time, Pepito was in Manila every month for treatment. I had been down for 5 days with him and had just arrived the previous day to start the Groundbreaking. I was tired, but excited. Guess what? In the middle of the Groundbreaking Service our Social Worker came to me and said,"Bad news, Pepito has crashed his bike whilst messing around with his friends and has a hernia! He has gone to the Doctors." I was so mad with the little rascal! The Doctor phoned me and said,"You have to take Pepito to Manila immediately. We cannot touch him because of his condition."

What a blow! In the midst of all the celebrations and foundation digging ... I had to leave. Winston, Pepito and I all left for Manila. I was so upset. Pepito kept on saying sorry, but after a while I forgave him! For the next 5 days I was in Manila again. Pepito had his operation and all went smoothly. We began the long journey home. Exhausted.

You will never believe what happened. We drove for 9 hours and were passing through Santiago when the phone rang. It was Keith, our agent. "Where are you? Stop the car right now, I have news for you." At this point, we were literally on the last corner before Sefton Village. As I stopped the car I could see the empty ground where the Fore Centre would be. Keith continued, "You'll never believe this, but in my hand I have a cheque for the Fire Centre equivalent of 1 million Pesos. You have the money now to complete stage 1."

Me and Winston just sat in stunned silence. I began to weep. All sorts of emotions went through my tired body. And then I felt God say, "I wanted to take you to the last corner of a long journey to let you know that you can trust me. I am your all sufficient One."

Are you facing difficult circumstances in your life? Are you depending on God to turn up? Are you hoping that God will pay for what He orders? Let me tell you from countless testimonies in my life ... God is absolutely faithful. He always pays for what He orders. You can count on it. It's done.

Right now, we have a burden to build a Primary School at Sefton Village. We know this is not only a good logical idea; this is God's plan to bless and touch thousands of children and their families. It was His dream first. Then He let us in on His plans. We need around at least 100,000 Pounds to complete the work .. maybe more. Where can you get that kind of money? I don't know ... but I know someone who does know! And He ALWAYS pays for what He orders. Sometime it may seem easy; other times He will take you to the last bend of a long and difficult journey. But know this my friend, He always pays for what He orders...

... just make sure you know HE has ordered it and not you. Otherwise - "there may be trouble ahead ...". But that's a different story on a different blog. I am tired and will give the last 2 points tomorrow.

Goodnight ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to be reminded of God's faithfulness in our lives. What a faithful God haveI,faithful in every way.May you prove once again his faithfulness in this new project you undertake for him!

Love mam.

Jean said...

Hi mark Jean Brown here just wanted you to know I have been reading all your blogs, have found them very interesting, could'nt get into the comments on part 3.

so I am doing it here from part 2, John and I send our love to you Mary and the kids hoping and praying all is well.

Don't forget to put us on your map.
God Bless you all.