Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A New Day ...



Today is a day of a whole lot of new things! I have been really challenged by my dad because at the start of the year he really challenged himself about doing new things ... or things he has always wanted to do. He sent me a list and said that he wanted to do at least one 'new thing' a month. What a challenge eh? If we all ha that attitude life certainly would not be boring! Mind you, I'll have to check up on him to see if the old dog is still doing new tricks! Ha Ha ... sorry dad.

By the way, it was my mum's birthday this week ... happy birthday mum! You are the best mum anyone could ever ask for and we are all looking forward to seeing you 'face to face' in October. Please pray for my mum as she is having some of health problems at the moment and we need the Lord to heal and strengthen her. Many are praying for you mum ...

Anyway, lots of new things happened today or at least this week.

* It's a new start to a new year at Sefton Bible Training Centre. Over the last few weeks we have been interviewing all those called to our Bible School, and yesterday they began to arrive. They live by Filipino time' here, so we are expecting more to turn up even in a few weeks!

But, Praise God, at the time of blogging we have around 22 first year full time students and around 9 second year students (some are 'stay out' students). My vision was for us to minister to at least 40 students this year ... so keep on praying. I have a real excitement in my spirit again for SBTC and I am going to put my best into making this year - our 10th year - a fantastic testimony to the grace and power of God. Will keep you posted with up to date numbers and pictures.

* Today is also the start of a new school year at KMGLC. Everyone was so excited today as the cars, jeepneys and tricycles began to roll up at Sefton Village. The kids were all beautiful and so happy. I just can't remember being so happy when I was at school!

Mary and all the teachers have been working hard for the last 2 weeks preparing for the start of classes. Well done ladies. They are superb teachers and they really see their 'work' as really a 'ministry'. Lydia has been so excited about being a Kinder 2 girl and she looked so beautiful and grown up as she went to her class this morning. She is longing to be 5 now. When do we actually make the change of looking forward to being older to dreading another year??

* Well, my wee boy Josiah had his 1st day at school today! He woke up half excited but had a bit of a grumphy start .. as you can see from the basket picture above! He is going through the stage of repeating our question and making it negative ..."No, I don't want to wash my hands ... don't want to..." It's funny, I asked him if he wanted his fave sweetie ... a chocolate football and he said, "No, I don't want a chocolate football, yes I do want a chocolate football daddy!" He's a bit like the guy on the vicar of Dibley at the moment! No, No, No, No ... Yes.

Anyway, off he went to nursery class. Actually, he did well but I heard him shout a few times, "I want to go home now." Unfortunately, he started shouting this after around 3 minutes of being in class! Poor soul ... it is so hard to have your house just over the creek. He has also got to get into his mind that aunty Mary-Jane - the lovely lady who takes him out to McDonalds sometimes and who has spent lots of time with him in the toddlers room at church - is now his Teacher! Pray for Josiah as we are really hoping that he can adjust to school life ... like his big sister.

* Our youth Pastor Winston has just started to do a blog about his ministry, Cornerstone Youth and life at Sefton Village. It will give you a wee peek at life from a Filipino Pastor. He is just learning and not many know about it yet. So if you could check his blog up and leave an encouraging message I am sure he would be very happy. The blog address for Winston is : http://winstonbaoin.blogspot.com

So there you have it. So many new things. How about you? When's the last time you did something you have never done before? Think about it ... and take a leaf out of my dad's book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well recently my sister did a sponsered silence for 36 hours. Incredible. She said it was massively tough. So how about not speaking for a day...that would definately be a first for most of us.in fact, not speaking for ten minutes (apart from when Im sleeping, would be a first for me..according to my husband!)So how about it Mary! I will if you do!!Haha