Saturday, June 02, 2007

Seriously Good Music ....


Tomorrow, after our Cornerstone United service, I am going down to Manila to pick up Mary's cousin Vivien who is coming out to help us over the summer. I am taking Lydia with me ... a real daddy & little girl time! She is all set to 'look after me' and help me buy the hundreds of things that we need for Sefton village that we just can't get up here in the sticks.

I will write the second part of 'Plans of a Loving Father' next week. Until then, I want to recommend a fantastic CD that I know you will love. It is by a guy called Paul Baloche and the album is called 'A Greater Song'. When I was in Singapore they sang a lot of wonderful new songs ... the majority were his. He led the worship at Reinhard Bonkke's Fire Conference last year.

It's the kind of Cd where every song just hits the mark. No matter what mood you are in, there is a song here that can minister to you. 'Hosanna' is superb, 'I Will Boast' is upbeat & uplifting, 'Your Name' is beautiful, 'What Can I Do' and 'You Have Been so Good' are so challenging. Hey, there's even a verse of 'Just As I Am' in there!

He also has a website - www.leadworship.com - where you can get the lyrics and chords. You can even listen to sound clips free!

Go out and buy it (or in today's society ... order it online!) and give yourself a treat. If you like it ... write and tell me. If you don't like it ... give it away!

Have a great weekend ... and pray for us as we tackle some of the worlds worst drivers on these crazy roads. Pray that Lydia does a good job of looking after the old guy!

No comments: