Monday, May 14, 2007

Can I Have a 'Normal' Week Please?


This morning I was having a laugh with Keith & Anne because I keep telling them that 'next week we will have more of a normal week'. They have taken a few weeks to realise that there is no such a thing as a normal week at Sefton Village. You just never actually know what is going to happen and sometimes 'the best laid plans of men gang aft aglay'.

This last week has been a stotter. We had Cornerstone United on Sunday, a FEBC Programmers Training Seminar from Monday-Wednesday, we had to go and pray for the sick in hospital at 7am on Tuesday, we had our annual 'week of refreshing' for all SBTC students and alumni from Tuesday-Friday lunchtime and on Friday afternoon we had our Bible School Graduation and meal. Managed to squeeze in a Cornerstone Leaders Meeting on Saturday morning and today we celebrated Mothers Day in all our church services. Phew. Now compared to that ... this week will be a 'normal' week!


So I have so much stuff to inform you about, but not so much time to write it. Tomorrow is Election Day here in the Philippines ... a crazy, crazy time. There are more murders and shoot outs at this time than any other time. You can feel the tension in the air. In Santiago there are three candidates for Mayor and they have been holding crusades over the last few weeks. Here, nearly all political candidates are involved in 'vote buying', where they will give the people a weeks salary in exchange for an assurance of their vote. Crazy ... because most families get the money from all the candidates!! MMmmm....

Everything and nearly everyone is so steeped in corruption ... the good seems bad, the right seems wrong and the lines of integrity can no longer be seen. We need you to pray for the Philippines. Only a true genuine move of God can change the situation we are in. Praise God, there are many prayer movements in the Philippines and there is a general feeling of discontent and desperation amongst God's people. Pray for unity, integrity and for Godly men and women to be voted into many positions

Tomorrow ... I will begin to look back over the last few weeks and bring you all the exciting events, news and updates. I leave you with a beautiful picture. At the end of our Graduation, I had to wrap the service up and close in prayer. Just when I was beginning my short challenge, I see my wee boy Josiah running towards the stage. Before anyone could catch him he was almost up the steps. I heard him say, "I want to hold my daddy's hand'. So he climbed up and grabbed my hand. As I spoke I was aware that this little boy just wanted to be with his dad ... no matter who was watching on. He just kept looking up at me as I spoke. For me, a lovely moment.


I pray that this will be the challenge of my life. That I can take the hands of Filipinos and bring them challenge and vision. The inheritance I want to leave is not vehicles or houses, perishable things or material possessions that will pass away. I want to leave people who will change the world; for if we do not invest in people, what we have in God will die with us. Like Paul, what I have received from the Lord ... I want to to pass on.


More about 'inheritance' next week ... in one of my 'normal' days!

Selah...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark the photos from this week do not download although all the others do. May be my computer,but no problem with the others.

Dad