Monday, May 01, 2006

A Day of New Things!


Well, today is the first day that we will start our Blog! What a fantastic idea! Every few days you will be able to keep track of what is happening at Sefton Village, follow the antics and adventures of our two lovely kids, read about the vision & events of the ministries here and discover what the Lord has been sharing with us. We will also post photos so you can get to see a bit of the people, culture and events here.

Yesterday in church I was sharing that this was a day of new things! God does not want us to become 'settlers' but he blesses those whose 'hearts are set on pilgrimage'(Psalm 84:5) Are you on a journey with God or have you settled down and are content with where you are and where you've been? When is the last time you have attempted or achieved something new for the Lord?

The Lord says that those who keep walking will 'go from strength to strength'. That's what I want. Stronger, deeper in God. Abraham was a man on a journey, but after the birth of his promised son, Isaac, he 'settled in the land of the Philistines for a long time." (Gen 21:34) The bad news was this: God had to put him through a time of great testing to find out if Abraham was a settler or a pilgrim. The great thing was this: he still recognised and responded to God's voice when He called. "Here I am" is still the hallmark of an available man. Let's not settle down so that the Lord will have to test our faith through trials... but believe for new dreams, new vision, new adventures and new things! Selah.

May the Lord bless you and your family this week. Check out this blog every few days and you will be able to know what the story is here in the Philippines. 'Godblezzya' as the young people write on their mobile phones here ....

PLEASE write back any comments, suggestions or encouragements. We would love to hear from you.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings! this is amazing, wow....

Mel

Anonymous said...

You can also email me at mel_ebe@yahoo.com so i could retrieve it via my cellphone.

Bro. MEL Bareng

Anonymous said...

Isaih 43 - Forget the former things etc...wow, I got that word from the Lord over 30 years ago amongst other things. I have been in a wilderness for many years but now I feel I want to get out and do something new for Him...I feel I have been tested and still am but I am willing....just thought I would share that with you. Mark and Mary when you were last in my home I could hardly walk up the stairs, you said in prayer I would run one day....that day has come...I am being renewed physically...please pray the Lord will speak clearly, not only to me but to others as to what He wants me to do.
Much love to you all, you are in my prayers always,
Allison

Anonymous said...

hi mark and mary,

great to see your lovely faces, glad josiah is a lot better
love and hugs martin, sarah, rory, jakob and iona

Anonymous said...

Good to visit your blog. Will visit from time to time.
Good news about Josiah.
We are in Malaysia at present. Back to Wales in three weeks.
Seeya.
Colin & Julia Hurt

Anonymous said...

george chambers
HI mark & mary
your blog is great I enjoyed the
content
george

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you all and to know that you are prospering. Will try to visit your site on a regular basis to keep up-to-date with your ministry. God bless.
John & Ruth

Mark said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments! It is so encouraging to know that people are reading the blog and are kind enough to comment. PLEASE comment at any time. Would be great to hear from you. Many blessings, Mark

Anonymous said...

Mate!

good to talk to you today. The mighty Dons finished 6th in the league. boo!
not so mighty really!

You are officially a hero. Its amazing what happens in your life. Its not normal, never forget it. Its extrodiany because you and your family are.

keep being you