Thursday, May 11, 2006

Peanut Butter!



This week is turning out to be a hair-raising week...

* We are trying to sell our van here buy an old wee car
* We are trying to buy a car for itinerary - that we need to sell again!
* We are trying to get a 'hoose' in Scotland
* We are starting to email all the churches to arrange our schedule
* Mary has interviewed 8 people for 2 vacant posts in the school
* Little Lara has been in hospital and was seriously ill
* Pastora Julie has arrived and we need to fight for her in prayer
* Tomorrow we start our 1st church weekend away ..
* Had 2 meetings this week to plan it!
* We are trying to book our flights, which has been a hassle
* The SBTC students have arrived back from SOS Church planting
* We sent 12 of them to another remote area to plant another church
* We have had disciplinary problems with one of our students
* We had a SBTC board meeting to discuss a new 3rd year
* We have had so many emails to write and admin to catch up with
* We are praying & trying to find cover for Sefton for when we are home
... Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ever cry out, "Lord can you really help us with all these little, and big, things?"

One of the problems with living here in the sticks in the Philippines is that we get cable TV. Usually that is good ... especially now that our cable TV company has permanently tuned into a soccer channel from South Africa that only cost a bag of donuts every couple of weeks - cheaper than a Sky package! (I had choice of 5 live games from England plus Celtic v Rangers last week!)

Anyway, sometimes my children (especially Lydia) sees something on TV that I know she would like - sweeties, toy, book, DVD. I know that there is no way I can find these things in Santiago so daddy begins to search. When I am in Manila I find time to try and find these things in the mega malls there. If all else fails ... Amazon.co.uk is there! The fathers heart is always to give our best for our children. Even small things.

Here is a little story from Todd Bentley's book, that will encourage you and me!

"I was excited about growing in rest and intimacy with the Holy Spirit -I knew from experience that in that place, without even praying sometimes, God begins to give us the desires of our heart. I walked in such intimacy with Jesus when I first got saved.

I remember one time I was walking from my kitchen to my bedroom, and I thought "Oh, I've just got to have a peanut butter sandwich" I went to the cupboard but there was no peanut butter. So I thought to myself, "Oh man, I really wanted peanut butter" and I went to bed. Shonnah (his wife) got up next morning, opened the garage door .. and there was one jar of peanut butter sitting on the steps."


God is interested in the big things in our lives - who we marry, career choices, our walk with Him, our ministry etc. But let me tell you He is also just as interested in the small things that we think are quite unimportant.

Just remember, the Lord knows us more than we know ourselves. He knows our going out and coming in. He knows our taste. He knows what makes us angry as well as He knows what makes us laugh. He knows our dreams and ambitions. He gave us our fingerprints and doesn't need a calculator to count your hair. Don't worry. Don't get stressed. If He's interested in Todd Bentley's peanut butter ... He is absolutely interested in everything in your life! Trust Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
He is such a good Father to us all! It has been dawning on me that I can say I trust God but I don't really come into an understanding of what trust is all about until there is no-one else but HIM left to trust. We spend so much time running around trying to solve things ourselves or enlist the help of friends etc. The Psamls are jam packed with verses about trusting God...
Am praying for your healing Ptr. Julie... much love, Jax

Anonymous said...

Hey Marky,
Good story...I wonder if there will be an iPod on my doorstep in the morning! :-) Just joking. I know that God will meet ALL your needs in Christ Jesus. Nice to see the blog developing. Look at Headphonaughts blog. I am but his padwan learner.
In HIS strength,
Stevie
"the head and not the tail"

Anonymous said...

PS You ought to have word verification selected in your set-up to prevent spam in your comments. You can also have the comments posted to an e-mail address. I set up the google mail account for the blog. When will we see some of your snaps on flickr?
Stevie