Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Letter of Faith




Sometimes you come across people who seem to have to go through so many struggles .. often one after the other. It is especially hard when these people have been faithfully serving the Lord and living lives of complete commitment to Him. Today I met such a person.

Actually, I've known her for many years now. Her name is Julie Dulnuan and she is a Pastora in the Assemblies of God here in Isabela. She is a lovely gracious lady and an encouragement to all our young leaders. She is fearless! She started a church right in the heart of an area controlled by the New People's Army - Communist Guerrillas. No man would go there! Her life has been threatened in many occasions. At times her husband has had to run for his life. Their children are often victimised and face constant threats. Yet .. she will not leave as she knows that the Lord is these people's only hope. She has led many of these rebels to Christ and now they fight for a new cause!

At the end of last year she gave birth .. but sadly the baby died. A few weeks later she felt great pain in her stomach and they diagnosed an ulcer. The pain continued, and after tests it was found that she had cancer of the stomach. She started Chemotherapy immediately, but after a few weeks they found a large tumour. The Doctors sent her home this week to die ... she was a 'Hopeless Case'.

Yesterday, someone told me that Pastora Julie was coming home to die. Faith and anger rose up within me and I asked Pastor Abe to tell her to come to the House of Refuge. This morning she arrived and this afternoon I gathered two of the Cornerstone Pastors to go and pray with Julie and her husband.

We talked, worshipped and I asked Pastor Adonis to read Isaiah 61. As we worshipped the Holy Spirit revealed to me what had happened. This battle was not so much a medical battle as a spiritual one. I felt a fire flow through my hands. We anointed Julie with oil and began to intercede and pray. We felt the presence, power and authority of the Lord in the room.

We are going back tomorrow morning to pray. This is the only answer. Can you pray with us? Can you believe with us? Can you stand in the gap for this precious lady's life? I asked her to write down anything that we could give to the friends of Sefton Village. What she wrote is above (click for larger image). I saw a difference in her as we left the room tonight. She said, "Pastor Mark, I am not leaving here until I am healed."

I am so glad that our God is the 'God of Hopeless Cases'.

p.s. - we are sorry that some of the letter is unreadable because of where her tears have fallen

Isaiah 61:3
"...to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor."

If you want to write anything to me OR an encouragement to Pastora Julie, then click 'comment' below and start typing! Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Mark (My hero!)

Please let Julie knows that I'm praying for her in Singapore. Her passion for the Lord will inspire a generation...and I'm one of them. Let us not lose hope in Christ Jesus. :)

Always having you guys in my mind,
Andrew Yeo (www.createdtoworship.org)

Anonymous said...

Hi mark
george chambers here I will get the church to pray for Pastora julie and believe for a miricle
George.c