Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Secret Place


God has been speaking to me very clearly recently through a person and a book! Today I will tell you about the person, and tomorrow the book. The person is a remarkable lady called Heidi Baker. Mary read a book a couple of years ago entitled "Always Enough" which tells of the amazing ways in which God has been blessing the ministry of Heidi an her husband Roland in Mozambique - one of the poorest countries in the world. The book tells about how God performed wonderful creative miracles day after day. Incredible healings. Also, how God provided food from nothing to feed these hungry people - empty pots would suddenly be full of rice and spaghetti! Chicken would appear from nowhere ... fried chicken all cooked and prepared! (I recommend that you read the book!)

After Mary read the book she was so challenged & inspired. As we sat talking on January 1 this year, Mary said that one of the desires of her heart was to hear Heidi Baker preach. This year was our 10th Anniversary (haven't I done well!!) and I wanted us to go as a family somewhere to celebrate. Do you want to know how amazing God is? On the very week of our Anniversary, Heidi Baker was going to preach at Cornerstone Church in Singapore! So we went!

What a week! The highlight of it all was hearing Heidi Baker. I have never heard anyone speak with such authority and anointing. Before she preached, she took off her shoes, sat on the stage and sang to the Lord for 20 minutes. She then gave prophetic words and the whole atmosphere was like electric. She preached and the stories and testimonies she gave had us in tears of joy one minute and tears of laughter the next. She has no fear of man and lives only to an audience of one. She spoke about 'The Secret Place', "Revival has a face' and 'Laid Down Lovers'. Every message was powerful and at the of every service the aisles were full of people weeping before the Lord. All of these messages can be heard on Cornerstone's website if you want to hear some life changing messages!

She said many profound things but I feel the most important things she said was something so simple - "I am busier now than any other time in my life. I have 3000 orphans to look after and thousands of churches. But I realise, more than anything else, I have to meet Jesus in the 'secret place'. I spend hour upon hour just with Jesus. It is there I find my strength and anointing. It is the only way I can survive" For me, this is bottom line.

At Sefton life is getting busier and busier, more ministries are being added, the kingdom of God is being extended. But at the heart of it all, it is all about spending time in the 'Secret Place'. How about your life? Is the source of your life ... the Secret Place?

No comments: