Friday, May 26, 2006

Promise Keeper


Here I am again! I wish I had the energy of some of our young people to get through this week! We finished Youth Camp yesterday - we had an excellent few days with the youth. You should have seen them as they praised and worshipped the Lord. Incredible. More about that soon! Yesterday we took Pastor Joe and his team down to Manila and today we saw them off to the airport. We drove back to Santiago and so here I am. It's almost midnight but I know I have to do this blog or I will be kicking myself all night!!

I want to share with you a wonderful story that is based upon an even more wonderful truth - GOD IS ABSOLUTELY FAITHFUL. When Mary & I came to the Philippines in 1999, to be honest I did not want to come. God ambushed us! My heart was set on going round churches in Scotland and building them up. After that, we would be going to Africa, thank you very much! The Philippines was the last place on earth I wanted to go! But we felt that God wanted us to come on a 'reckie trip' ... so we came.

After two days of being here, the Lord made it clear that this was the place that He wanted us to minister. This was the place that He had been preparing us for. When I was 22 years old, the Lord spoke clearly to me that I had to minister and serve under other men and learn from them. The Lord promised that if I was faithful in this, then when I was 30 years old He would open an incredible door of opportunity for me. At that time 8 years seemed a long way away, but I stayed faithful to the word of the Lord. I had a few opportunities to 'be my own man', but I knew it was not right.

We came to visit the Philippines in June 1999 - a week after my 30th Birthday! God IS SO FAITHFUL. On the night that we decided to commit ourselves to Sefton, God woke me up and showed me an open vision. A Vision of Fire! One of the things I saw so clearly was a Radio Station and the Lord said to me that one day we would have a Radio Station here. I saw someone speak into a microphone and people would listen to their radios and give their lives to the Lord as they listened to the words. I went around the churches in 2000 and claimed the promise that one day we would have a Radio Station at Sefton.


In 2003, the leaders of Far East Broadcasting Company (FEBA in UK) came to this area and expressed their desire to have a Radio Station here in Cagayan Valley. Something in my spirit clicked, and I knew the Lord was in it. I shared my vision with them and that was the start of the relationship between Sefton & FEBC.

To cut a long story short, we are planning to have the 'Cagayan Valley Missionary Radio Project' up and going by April 2007! It has the potential to reach millions of people and the whole purpose of the radio station is to reach the lost. We will start broadcasting in 6 languages, but our aim is to have 18 languages broadcast.

What an incredible story. What seems impossible with man ... is possible with God. I tell you this for a few reasons:

* What are God's promises to you? What has He said to you about your life, your plans?
* Whatever He has promised ... He will be absolutely faithful to you and to His word.
* No matter how unlikely it may be ... whetever God asks you to do, do it.
* Don't let anyone try and talk you out of a promise that God has given YOU.

My eyes are closing, my brain shut down 30 minutes ago, my fingers are typing in auto-pilot and ...

...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi pastor mark!! This is Nesan from Malaysia! Juz wanna say that i had a whale of a time in Sefton last week... N i'm so gonna miss you guys! Cant wait for next year! Hope we're invited again..hehe ;)
Well, will keep you guys in my prayers.. Thanks for everything! God Bless...

ps: could you pls send my regards to Jay-Ar Jhane... hehe... thanks... :)

Anonymous said...

Been reading your blogg and can't believe this is my son. When I was just a youhg mum of 3 boys the oldest beig you mark the Lord gave me a promise that my children would love and serve Him. What a promise! weare so proud of you and Mary. Happy Birthday tommorow.
Luv mam

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Mark its Nathan here I have just read your whole blogg I was up to 11.00 reading it and I thought that the cartoon was very funny too I hope you have a great Birthday from Nathan your nephew.

Anonymous said...

Hey pastor mark!! Juz droppin by to wish u a blessed Birthday!! May god continue2bless you in watever u do n in watever you say!!!