Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bits 'n' Bobs


Ah, back again! What a great night - we had 40 Cell Group Leaders/assistants tonight being trained by Maureen and Sabrina from Cornerstone Singapore. We enjoyed it so much. It was brilliant for me to be one of the congregation and not the trainer. I could get used to it! The ladies had really prepared well ... notes for all the group, ice-breakers, interaction etc. We have around 16 cell groups in Santiago, but we need to go to the next level of multiplication. Anyway, I won't bore you with that now .. but if anyone is interested in cell groups (as opposed to Bible Studies, Focus Groups etc.) I can spend time with you when I get home.

Here is some 'catch-up news' from the Sefton Grapevine:

* Pastor Abe - had a tough weekend. Went to the Oncologist on Friday but the Doctor took all his information from the tests done in Manila. Abe was sure he was touched by the Lord and we should have taken new tests. Before he went to the Doctor he was eating lots of fruit with me and was off the IV drip. He was much happier and getting stronger. His spirit was positive.

I never saw him again until Sunday night because we had a busy weekend. But I was shocked,. His face was very drawn and he had lost weight. Gemma told me he was given these tablets that were 'better than chemo and no side effects'' and Abe had taken them for 2 days already. He had been constantly sick, had lost weight and was dehydrating. Abe said that he wanted to come off the tablets and just get back to where he was... trusting the Lord for a miracle. But he was discouraged.

Over the last couple of days he ha improved physically, emotionally and spiritually. He feels much better and is beginning to eat again. Please continue to pray for Abe that the Lord will continue to heal him day by day. We come home a week on Monday and I don't know how I am going to be able to leave him, as I feel he is leaning on me at this time. Please ask the Lord to give me grace, courage and wisdom.

* Weekend - We had an excellent weekend. Most of my time was taken up shooting the video for our DVD that we will show around the churches. I took all the Children's Home, School, Bible School, Jail ministry, feeding Programme, church etc. It is really time consuming but once it is done it will be worth it! I am working on the script now and will send it all away by Fed-Ex tomorrow.

We had a great couple of services on Sunday. Pastor Danny spoke in the 8am Tagalog service about 'Running the Race' and Maureen and Sabrina spoke in the English Service. They were excellent. In both services, many came forward for prayer. I was really blessed by one of our youth called Jonas (15) - he stood up and invited his whole class to church and 12 came to the service!

In the afternoon I went to our Church Plant in Nagassican. What a great time we had. There were about 45 adults and 25 children there and the young people led the worship. Many responded and gave their lives to Christ. So raw and refreshing!

* World Cup - Really enjoyed watching around 3.65 games over the weekend! I got this unusual figure because the kick offs are at 11pm and 3am local time here. Killer! I started to watch nearly all the 11pm games, but only got through the England one! How can England play so bad and still get through? Anyway. Last night I watched my team Ghana do really well against the mighty Brazil.. They played brilliant football but just could not score.. Shame. But it was good to watch a team outplay the Brazilians at their own game.

* Our car - Tonight, I sold our car. Well, it's more like a van actually! We have had it for tow years and it has been the best car we have ever had. We have driven 43k km .. most of which have been on the road to Manila picking up or dropping off visitors! It has been a great workhorse for Sefton Village and we had hoped to keep it for a few more years. But for various reasons, we decided to sell it. Some things are more priority right now. I drove it for the last time to church tonight and was a bit sad. It's a man's thing ladies!

Funny thing was that I met the new owner outside the church while the Cell Training was going on. We met inside my car and we signed all the documents and they gave me the money. The guy then said, "Can you pray for this car Pastor? Can you dedicate it right now?" So there I was, laying hands on the car and then laying hands on the couple who bought it. Right in front of all the tricycle drivers, security guards and dogs. Only in the Philippines. I had to hitch a ride home!

* Preperation for Home - Over the last couple of weeks, we have been so busy getting things organised - both here and at home. Mary has been working like atrojan since school opened and has had to change ebrey document in school because of teh new teaching session. She is also training maureen of how the school operates etc. I have a million things on my 'TO Do' list, but also seem to have a never ending stream of people at my front door! At home, all our families are working hard in various ways to help us when we get home. We are very grateful.

Below is a photo of our 'wee hoosie' in Shore Street, Fraserburgh (not sure which one it is). This will be our home for 6 months and we are so excited about having a base in Scotland. Will let you know address when we have it.




My eyes are rolling and my fingers going slower and slower. Hopefully, my internet is fixed for a while so that I will be able to get out more blogs. Until then ... goodnight!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you again.Dad been down to your house making ready for your carpets getting laid tommorow.Sorry to hear about pastor abe we willkeep on praying.mam& DAD.

Anonymous said...

nice pic of shore street - shame your hoose is nay in the picture, your hoose is actually 2 hooses doon.
c yiz soon
david

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you all back here in Scotland. We're praying for Pstr Abe & believing for a miracle.
Looks like we're going to be neighbours in Scotland......we're moving just round the corner fae u!!
Lisa Ruth

Anonymous said...

valium without prescription veterinary valium dosage - buy valium online us