Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Crazy Few Days


A couple of weeks ago we had THE most amazing youth camp here at Sefton. It is certainly worth a blog! I was responsible for getting the speakers .. and again I turned to my friends from Malaysia - Pastor Joe Ramayah (above, standing next to the handsome guy), Clarence, CK, Ravi, Jesu & Nesan of Christian Life Center in KL. They came to the camp in 2005 and we had a fantastic time.

Joe & Co literally flew to Manila, were picked up and travelled to Santiago with a mad driver! They walked out of the van and on to the stage! They are excellent musicians, and amazingly enough, they are not moody, ego centric or emotional (as many music people seem to be!) Hey, I'm a music guy too so don't get mad with me! In fact, these guys are the best. They are a superb bunch of people who just wanted to come and bless the youth of the Philippines, set them on fire for the Lord and be used powerfully by the Lord. Every objective was achieved!

The theme for the camp was 'Dare to Dream'. Around 500 young people packed Sefton Village for 3 days, swelling to around 700 in the evenings. Joe was the main speaker and he was so anointed. He had these young people hanging on every word. The only un-anointed parts of his message was when he was taking the mick out of me and making up completely untrue stories about his so-called Scottish friend. Other than that, the man was good!! Clarence (above right)is an excellent worship leader and the rest of the music team put in so much work for this camp.

Joe preached every night and also in the morning sessions. His team led all the worship and we learned many new songs. The youth absolutely loved it. I have never seen a bunch of young people so excited about worship and about God. They danced and danced and danced. Also, at the end of many services, Joe gave a challenge or appeal. It was great to see so many young people respond to God. Our Cornerstone Youth absolutely loved it and were totally inspired.


What an incredible few days. For me, it was great to catch up with Joe and the team again. I love being with these guys. We laugh so much. You know the kind of friends where you can really just enjoy talking about anything. We call it good banter. Actually, in the Philippines I have really missed this. I think I have become more serious than before. All the responsibility gets to one you know!

But I love just being with a crowd and being myself. I have friends in Scotland where I can really be 'me' ... my brothers, David, Kenny, Ben, Andrew etc. I am still 'me' here, but a different kinda me. My goodness, what is happening tonight? I'm losing the thread of my blog ...

Youth camp! On the last night all the youth were asking the Malaysians to sign their ID badges, Bibles etc. They all thought I was their official manager and asked me to sign too! My few minutes of fame and popularity was great! Gave me a taste at what could have been ... Ha Ha. We drove Joe and the team back to Manila and we stayed in a hotel overnight before they flew. They surprised me with a Birthday Meal .. including cake! Top notch.

If ever you hear of guy called Joe Ramayah coming to preach at a church near you ... go! He says it as it is. So be prepared. If you want to hear someone who will tickle your ears, don't go. He is seeing God do brilliant things in a country where it is so difficult to be a Christian. I am honoured to be one of 'the team'. Thanks Joe. Thanks guys. Until next year ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Youth Camp was an amazing week. The Malaysian team were great.

I've left you a nice comment this time. haha

Auntie Vivvy

Unknown said...

useful reference best replica designer bags check out this site bag replica high quality have a peek at this site replica gucci bags