Sunday, June 11, 2006

Only a Miracle


I am so sorry that I have not been able to write a blog recently. The last few days have hit us with terrible news. It seems as if Pastor Abe has advanced stages of cancer and right now I am preparing to take him and a few others to Manila for thorough tests. The Doctor here has shared to me the seriousness of the situation, and it does not look good (in the natural).

It seems so incredible. Just a month ago he was working in the fields at harvest time. Three weeks ago he was interviewing staff for the school. Today, he is in a hospital bed fighting for his life.

Please pray:
* For a good, safe journey. Abe will go in ambulance with his wife Gemma. I will follow in my car.
* For Abe to have no pain on the way to Manila (8 hrs).
* For the admission to go smoothly (sometimes it can be a nightmare)
* For Abe to get the best medical care possible.
* For me, as I will be the one to pass on any news - good or bad.
* For Mary, as school starts tomorrow. Bible school also begins tomorrow.
* For us as a family - this will add major stress on top of the major stress we already have!
* For the wisdom to know what to fight for and what to lay down.


Abe was in a bad way last night. He could barely whisper. But what he did say was this,"I had so many questions, but I have no more now. I am ready for tomorrow, whatever tomorrow brings."

PLEASE pray for Abe. He needs a miracle. One touch. One moment. One more prayer?

One last question: Are you ready to face tomorrow .. whatever tomorrow may bring?

No comments: